Monday, September 19, 2011

3 years and Charleston, South Carolina

Nick and I just celebrated our 3rd anniversary this past weekend on September 18th! The years just fly by and they keep getting better and better!  Our wedding day was such a special day and I can still say it was the best day of my life!!! So glad I get to spend forever with this hottie.....


To celebrate we went to Charleston, South Carolina y'all! It is about 3.5 hours from Charlotte and was so much fun.  We already can't wait to go back and have so many things we want to do that we weren't able to.



Here is what we did....

A carriage ride in downtown Charleston.  This place has so much character and we loved this.  We had a bunch of teenagers on our carriage with us though that threw something at one of the cars and these ghetto people got out and started yelling and swearing at us. That kind of ruined the mood....but also made it kind of exciting too.  Here are some pics of the carriage tour and some of the amazing houses.















We went to Fort Moultrie (for Nick---since he is into history and all of that) and it was pretty cool.  I learned fast that sometimes these history facts for me go in one ear and out the other.  If I did this tour/activity again it would be like the first time for me again.  It was pretty cool and cheaper than Fort Sumter (which was the starting place of the Civil War I guess?) We will go to Fort Sumter next time.
 And this will probably be the last picture I send of myself because it is starting to not be a pretty sight seeing the "fat Albert" side of Erica in her pregnancy. :) I am 33 weeks on Wednesday!!! Woo hoo!!





 Then we went to Boone Hall...BUT there was this huge Scottish festival that ruined our plans and it was total chaos so we left and did something even cooler. But here are some pics of Boone Hall Plantation while we were there...

 




Well...what did we do?? Do you remember that scene in the movie the Notebook where they are on the boat with all of those swans? Yes...that is where Nick and I went. They let you just take out a boat and just row around where you want. It was so quiet and calm and it felt like we were the only people there. And...did we see Alligators?? Yes...yes we did!! It was actually kind of scary! Here are some pics of Cypress Gardens...