Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Blessing, Disney, Christmas, and more!


Christmas 2011---We had such a fun Christmas season especially once Nick got done with finals!  It was so relaxing and just nice. We roasted marshmallows with the Beauchamps, watched Elf with the Stones, went to a couple of fun Christmas parties, and soaked in a jacuzzi with the Kelly's.   The Kelly family was so sweet to let us crash their family festivities on Christmas Eve and Christmas.  And...boy do those Kelly's know how to cook! We always eat so well with them. :)
Celebrating the holiday spirit at a Sweater and Mustache Party--need I say more? Nick looks hilarious and won "Best Sweater" award. I was so proud.

Every year for Christmas Eve we go to breakfast.  This year we went to the Flying Biscuit after a morning jog.  It is strange having 70 degree weather at Christmas time but I am not going to lie...it was pretty nice!

Christmas Eve dinner at the Kelly's
 
This picture just makes me laugh--Georgia is pretty mad! This is on Christmas Day--the day of Baby June's blessing. Her little outfit with wings was ADORABLE. :)
Georgia had her baby blessing on New Year's Day! It was a really special day and I think that Georgia knew it.  She was so happy. I have more details in my journal but I am thankful for Nick to be able to do give her the blessing.  I am also thankful that Georgia waited to have a blow out until afterwards!  Here are some pics. :)
Georgia looked beautiful on the day of her blessing (January 1st, 2012).  She was so happy especially when we got to church.   I think she just knew it was her special day.

We were really happy to have Nick's parents come out after Christmas and be there for the baby blessing.
We loved having Nick's parents come. I wish we could rewind time and have everybody come visit us again. I want my mom to come back and my sister and Avery to come back too! It seems like time goes by too fast and their visits don't last long enough! :(

Here are some pictures from Grandpa Bob and Grandma Carol's visit.


We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville which was AMAZING! I thought it was worth the $$.
We went down to Charleston and went to the Boone Hall Plantation
Eating dinner at Red Robin

So...Georgia has Hip Dysplasia. (it is actually pretty common... come to find out).  She has a really mild case and only has to wear this harness/brace for 6 weeks for 24 hours and then 6 weeks for only 12 hours/day.  It is pretty much where the hip hasn't fully formed into the socket the way it is supposed to.  The doctor never even found it on the physical examination...and the only way we found it was because I had it when I was a baby and I had mentioned it to the doctor.  The doctor then ordered an ultrasound because it is hereditary to see if she had it and sure enough---she has it!  I had a really hard time with this because I felt like I gave her this problem and it makes me so sad to see her in this harness with her legs out like a froggie.  I just miss snuggling her like normal and wish she didn't have to wear it.  But then I realized that it probably bothers me more than it bothers her.  I realize there are a lot of things that could be worse--but truth is that it still stinks she has to wear this.  Here is a picture of her in it just to prove how happy she is even with the harness on!



Yes...we took Georgia to Disneyworld!! We are a little crazy for doing this but Autumn and Matt Stone were going to run the half marathon so we decided to join them and watch Cooper while they ran on Saturday.  We left on Wednesday January 4th and stayed in a hotel by Sea World.  We went to Sea World on Thursday and then Disneyworld on Friday.  We ended up getting FREE tickets to Disneyworld. Boom! (that was nice---so we didn't feel pressure to get our money's worth or anything).  It was so fun to go with friends especially because we could switch off going on rides while one couple watched the babies.  The Stones are fun travel buddies and I can't believe they ran a half marathon after walking around Disneyworld the day before.

We took Georgia's picture at the Georgia state line. :) Marci--I thought you would appreciate this.

So glad we got to go to Disneyworld with these three!






Georgia's first slumber party with her buddy Cooper. :)
Sea World-Nick and I under the sea.



Love this girl!! :)