Wednesday, May 7, 2014

April Showers bring a potty training toddler....

 Yes....it's true!!  Today--on Cinco De Mayo--Georgia has seemed to have it figured out (potty training that is).  I seriously had my doubts that she would ever figure it out!  We had a week of H-E double hockey sticks back at the end of February where Georgia was just having more and more accidents the more time went by.  I wanted to pull my hair out.  So I put her back into pull-ups and I was finally relaxed again.  I didn't realize how stressed out I was with her running around in her undies until I noticed how relaxed I was when she was back in pull-ups.  We were having like 10 accidents a day it was out of control!  In hindsight I would have just waited until she was ready, not when I was ready.  I don't think she understood how to hold it if she felt the urge to go potty but now that she can understand the feeling she is a pro now.   It was so much more relaxing when she was ready. We just ran out of pull-ups on Friday so just put on big girl undies and she has it down now!  YAY!  So...the reason I am documenting this is to remember that with Lucy Lou I need to not rush it until she is ready and it will be so much easier!  
 Our neighbors have baby chicks they bring over to our house.  Georgia and Lucy love laughing and petting the baby chicks.  I am starting to feel more adjusted to Utah and liking it more (probably has something to do with the weather too).  But we are meeting some really fun people in our neighborhood that we have been hanging out with.  I was really thinking how awesome it is especially to find a babysitter.  We have over 10 babysitters walking distance from our house.  Makes date night a lot easier! :)

Although I do get really sentimental thinking about where I was and what I was doing last year at this time.  I miss seeing North Carolina friends on Cinco do Mayo, going to pick strawberries at Hall Family Farm, walking on the greenway, the YMCA, etc.  There are so many good things about Utah too but I just wish I could have the best of both worlds--mostly all of my friends and family in one place.  How can I make that happen? 



 After the Easter Egg Hunt, Georgia got into the jeep with her cousins and was having the time of her life.  She couldn't believe we let her do this!  They were cruising! 







We went to Baby Animal Days in Logan and it was so fun and cute!  Georgia really appreciated it and literally ran around the entire time yelling every animal name she could think of that she wanted to see.  She loved the candy cannon.  They shot all this candy out of a cannon and all the kids ran in the field and got all the candy they wanted. 



 This picture of Georgia holding Lucy just makes me laugh--Lucy looks huge!

 Lucy is still into having anything plastic in her mouth--so Georgia thinks she should mouth things too.  She likes to comfort Lucy and read and sing to her.  But...I still can't leave them alone together.  21 months age gap is really close (at least for me!) This isn't because I am overprotective.  Georgia picks Lucy up by the head and drags her around and hugs her so hard with running speed and knocks her over.  She likes to get out "Lucy's yucky boogers" too.  The other day I caught Georgia taking Lucy's entire hand and putting it in her mouth and biting down really hard.  She doesn't do it to be mean, I think just testing her limits.  I'm telling you--my life right now consists of keeping Lucy protected from Georgia.  I see other siblings interacting with each other and not doing this.  So I don't know when things will get easier but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. 



 Georgia has started getting particular with the stores we go to.  I guess she is her momma's daughter.  We were headed to Target and she freaked out and wanted to go to Smiths.  Whatever.  I like Smiths too so we went there.  Maybe she likes the sample cookies better at Smiths.  I let Lucy ride in the front for a little bit.   I can't tell if she is scared or having fun. :)

Another funny moment I want to remember is when we were at a drive through I ordered a sandwich and a water cup.  Georgia put her head to the window of the car and yelled, "and a milk cup".  The lady heard and so we ended up getting a milk cup.  It might not sound hilarious but at the time it was. 





 I took this picture during a windstorm (hence the chairs knocked over) but wanted to capture our yard starting to get some flowers.  I missed having our yard and gardening.  Although I didn't miss all the weeding!

I might eat Lucy---seriously--she is so sweet and cute!  I can't handle it. Lucy is standing up to everything and the other day I caught her balancing on her feet without holding onto anything!  Crazy girl!  She wants to walk as soon as possible so she can learn to run....away from that crazy blonde girl!



 Pretty sure these girls have the best daddy there is!  He slithered on his back like a snake for like 15 minutes back and forth so they could enjoy a ride.  They were so giggly and it made me smile!  The things he comes up to be silly with them.  Plus---he has to be the best dollhouse player---he comes up with the funniest things when they are playing dollhouse.  The other day, he was playing dollhouse with the girls and I came in the room and he had all the dollhouse people in different places posing for family pictures.