Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Mouth is Open...and I'm Talking

Quote of the month from Georgia after she had been talking our ears off for twenty minutes..."My mouth is open...and I'm talking."  We got a good laugh after that one.  We have had a good month of May.  
Nick-- got officially sworn in to practice law in Utah!  I am so proud of him.  All of that hard work really did pay off.  It is just so weird to be a student for so long and then know you won't be again (well--let's hope not!)  There are definitely perks to being a student though.  I was thinking about that the other day.  Sometimes Nick wouldn't have class until noon so we would get to have the morning with him.  He would get school breaks off like Christmas for three weeks!  We won't get that type of time off for a long time. :) He works a side job every two weeks or so doing some projects for a legal litigation group.  He does 20 hours in addition to his 40 hours at the Prosecutors office.  So---he is gone some late nights a couple nights a week.  But it really isn't too bad---it seems just like law school when he was studying late.  But--I guess I just look at it that now he is getting paid.

Erica: I have just been training for the Bear Lake half marathon.  It has been good for me to train and push myself.  I love finishing the runs and how I feel but it is always so hard to get started.  I have been doing some side dietitian work that has been kind of perfect.  I am loving going up to Idaho (Bear Lake) and hanging out with the girls and my sister in laws and friends.  We have been doing some backyard pool parties and it has been really fun.  It is so nice to not be pregnant this summer.  I just wish I could get out with Lucy--she is always crawling around and eating dirt and rocks and who knows what--so it isn't really relaxing even hanging out in the yard.  Such a fun but hard stage. 

Lucy: She is 9 months old in these pictures---growing up so fast.  She weighed 17.5 pounds at her 9 month appointment but is short just like her momma and dada!  She says "Georgia" sounds like, "Jasha"--it is so cute!  Lucy is very demanding too in a really funny way.  Sometimes she yells at us from the back seat or in her high chair during meal time.  We always joke that she is screaming profanities at us by her demanding tone.  But she is so sweet and becoming a little jokester.  She will try to hand you a toy and then when you grab it she will pull it away and laugh.  She loves playing, "where's Lucy?" and hides behind the curtains.  

 Georgia: She is really excited to have friends in our neighborhood.  We get lots of kids knocking on our door every day or just walking into our house to play.  It is funny to see her interacting with them and the things she thinks of to talk about with them.  I think sometimes she thinks I feel left out or something because she will come in the kitchen and say, "mom..do you want to come play with us?" haha.  And the other day I caught Georgia reading nursery rhymes to Lucy--my life is finally starting to become a little easier.  Her imagination is really coming out and she likes to play with her "friends" and play with her dollhouse people.  (they all have different voices to and talk to each other).  The mom and dad dollhouse people like to make out a lot too.  :)

My favorite flowers in our garden


















Georgia's cute friend Emma teaching her how to ride a bike

Nick's two babies--1938 truck and Lucy




Cutest mother's day gift---I love how Nick decorated it with coins. He said when he did Lucy's hand print that she put her hand down and then just grabbed the cement in a fist.  I can totally picture that and it makes me laugh.