Wednesday, October 8, 2014

September--the month of celebrations! **HAWAII!**

This past month has been fun and full of celebrating.  We both turned thirty along with our 4 other friends so we decided to go to Hawaii.  We were also celebrating our anniversary and Nick passing the bar.  It was amazing!  And so fun without the kiddos.  Just going to dinner and lunch whenever we wanted and not worrying about car seats or nap times.  It was a dream.  I loved the airplane without kids.  I have been on 10 flights with kids and it is not fun (9 of those by myself!)  It was so fun reading a book and just relaxing. I was so excited to get home to the girls though because I missed them so much!  But we came back as new parents and was just the break I needed.

Before we left, we took Georgia to the U game.  Our friends invited us to go with them and then last minute, they got sick and couldn't come.  So...we took Georgia with us instead. 
 We went to St George for Nick's work conference and got to see my dad and Marci and Adam.  We went to the rodeo and ended up seeing a horse get paralyzed. It was so sad. I was traumatized and so was Georgia.


 On our way to St. George, Georgia wanted to stop to go the bathroom but we weren't by a rest stop or anything.  But I had our beach toys in the trunk and so she used the bucket.  Well...she found the bucket when we got back home and decided it would be okay to take a pee in our front yard too. I am really good at mothering.


 She loves her Maxwell Bear!  Cousins Forever!


This one is of Grandpa telling all the grandkids the story of Jonah and the Whale!   They loved it!
Georgia's neighbor friend Mariah (who is 8 years old) was teaching her to ride a bike.  Lucy calls her "Riah"

 We went to church in Kauai and it was awesome!  All of the talks were about surfing injuries.  Aloha!


 Hawaii was kind of like an outer body experience--it was so beautiful it felt like it wasn't real! 
 My BF Rachael that I've knows since I was 4 years old!  This was on a boat tour of the Napali Coast.






 We went to a Luau and it was fun and the show was way entertaining.



 So snorkeling was fun and Nick could have snorkeled all day long but I could do about 20 minutes and then I would start to think about sharks.  It could happen people and I don't care if the chances are low--it could still happen.  I think just seeing a shark in the water would kill me alone.  And we found out the best snorkeling day we had was at Tunnels Beach and that was where the surfer girl got her arm bit off by a shark. 
 Reading on beach was amazing!!





 One of our hikes was so muddy we just had to go barefoot--I am still getting mud out of my toenails I swear!

 We Kayaked in the river to our waterfall hike!
 Nick doing a backflip off the rope swing!



 I was obsessed with this dragon fruit and passion fruit!! The dragonfruit was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. 

 And obviously if anybody really knows me...this is the real main reason we came to Hawaii!  I have had good shaved ice in my life but nothing compares to the ones in Hawaii--nothing!  Got one every single day! 
And coming home to these Hawaii girls in their coconut bras was the best day ever!!