Sunday, November 2, 2014

Barftastrophe and Pooptober!

Here's the update this month:

Lucy Mae:

Barftastrophe Mae--We had quite the experience at Stake Conference a couple weeks ago. It was at the Regional Center which is stadium seating.  We sat down between 2 families and everything was going great.  Lucy was touching the lady next to me and the lady thought it was cute....until.....projectile vomit....everywhere!  All over the lady next to us.  So...I hurry and hand her to Nick and she throws up all over Nick's face and shirt.  I look back to see everybody behind us dry heaving.  I'm surprised we didn't get the whole stake conference throwing up.  And it wasn't just "spit-up"...it was full on breakfast gross disgusting!  I reach in my bag to find I had 3 baby wipes!  Awesome right?  Yeah--well I give them to the lady next to me and then somebody had to rush to the bathroom to get me towels and wipes.  Nick just ran out the door and I cleaned up. We left and I cried about halfway home from the trauma of it all.  Then I laughed the rest of the way home.  If she could have just thrown up 5 minutes before we got there it wouldn't have been a big deal.  Well--guess it makes a good story.

Anyway...She says all kinds of things and loves telling secrets.  If you ask her to tell you a secret, she come up to your ear and whispers jibberish.  It is so cute.  She knows all of her animals and animal sounds and whenever she sees an animal she says "hiiii!"...really loud!

She loves saying "no" and but also likes saying "yeah" especially when it comes to getting treats.


Georgia Jean:

She is ready to start preschool and turns 3 next week! Where did my baby go?? Anyway--we had an appointment with early intervention to do a "transition meeeting" to get her from early intervention to the school system.  Anyway--they evaluated her speech and language and she amazed everybody with her skills.  Her vocabulary is in some areas at a 9 or 10 year old level and her language is at a 4-5 year old level.  She is doing amazing!  It was one of those days as a mom that I was so proud of her.  I kept saying that I wish I could have seen that day in the future when we first found out about Georgia's hearing loss--it would have made me realize how well she would do. 

One of her new things she always says when she does something silly or out of the ordinary is.  "oh...silly ole me!"  Or if I do something silly...it's, "silly ole you mom!" 

She was playing in her room the other day and I was folding laundry somewhere else.  She kept yelling, "mom...come take care of ME!"  So I came in there and sat down and she goes, "Good job taking care of me mom."  She just cracks me up.  I don't know where she comes up with this stuff.

Here's another classic story...We went to Gardner Village with Emily and it was super crowded and out car was pretty far away.  I pushed the stroller, put the girls in the car, and was sweating bullets because it was pretty hot.  After getting the stroller into the trunk, Georgia said she needed to go potty so I was not about to get the stroller out again and go all the way back into the chaos so I just said she could go by the curb.  As she is squatting down she tells me she is going poo.  Yeah---I don't even need to say anything after that.  So nasty and so ghetto.


October Updates:

We have had so many fall activities.  We went to the pumpkin patch and got some pumpkins, went to Garder Village, Lagoon (Frightmares), had some Halloween parties with friends, went to Idaho, etc.



Pumpkin patch with my mom--it was fun but we probably won't go on a weekend again--Nice to get free pumpkins but not worth the 1.5 hour wait for the hay ride. 





Nick whipped up this bench for our house in an afternoon--He's so handy!

This made us laugh for a good twenty minutes--Georgia the coat hanger!

Lucy loved the carousel.  She has the sweetest demeanor! 

On the train at Lagoon.  We accidently put her on the egg drop ride that takes you up high and drops you.  Yeah--she wasn't ready for that.  So--we stuck the the not-so -scary rides after that.



Nick got so sick from the rides that I had to go on this one by myself--but it was awesome! 
Happy Halloween!  By the time Halloween actually rolled around--Georgia actually wanted to be Minnie Mouse (the costume we had for her).  But before that she kept changing every day what she wanted to be.




Apple Picking in Idaho!





Neighborhood girls playing over at our house.





My girls have an obsession with looking at catalogs.



 Happy Fall and bring on the Christmas! I'm so excited!